James Bishop Ford (James B. Ford), Non-Indian, 1844-1928
Vessel in the form of a shark with a man in its mouth
25.5 x 12 x 9.2 cm
Containers and Vessels
Lamanai (Indian Church); Orange Walk District; Belize
AD 1450–1550 (Post-Classic period)
Probably collected or excavated by amateur archaeologist Dr. Thomas W. F. Gann (1867-1938, a physician stationed in Central America); purchased by MAI from Thomas Gann in 1919 using funds donated by MAI trustee James B. Ford (1844-1928).